Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dream Destination: Machu Picchu

I have decided I am going to start making a list of places I want to visit. Many of these places will be hard to do with kids, so I will have to wait until my parents retire or have time off to watch the kids.

First up on my list: Machu Picchu. These old Inca ruins are located in Peru and were built around 1450. I love historical places and I think it is so interesting to be walking around an ancient city and thinking about what life was like for them so many years ago. Tourists can hike up the mountain to get a really great view, which I would definitely want to do. Transportation might get tricky, because we would have to fly into Lima and take a smaller plane to Cuzco. From there we would have to take a 4-hour train ride to Aguas Calientes, which is the town we would stay in. From there we could walk or take a bus up to Machu Picchu, but if we are going to be hiking we would probably want to take the bus so we didn't get worn out.

This will not be a cheap trip, but it would be worth every penny for this view!

3 comments:

Kaci said...

So beautiful... I really hope you get to go there soon, and please take my grumpy and very stressed out boss with you.

You should do what Raleigh and I did. We made a bucket list, I wrote down 25 things I wanted to do before I die and so did he and then we combined our lists. Wanna know his #16? I think you might find it...um....interesting.

#16. Join the Mile High Club. Well, we may have to do that on one of YOUR flights, so that you could make sure we didn't get interupted. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenny that looks so amazing. What an amazing experience it'd be. My mom get's to travel a lot for her job, and of course my dad goes with her sometimes. They went to Ecuador and the Gallapagos Islands one year, and saw a lot of older sights like that too. What a BEAUTIFUL world we live in. It's so exciting that you get to travel a lot. I should quit Best Buy and come work with you!

Colleen.Isabel said...

If you go to Machu Picchu - I am coming too!! My sister went there and said it was AMAZING!!! Its on my list too. Love the blog. -Colleen