Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trip to Dallas

 Last weekend I spent two nights in Dallas, Texas for work.  I was so tired from my flights that I almost stayed in the hotel room the whole time, but I am so glad I ventured out and explored the city.  I took the DART (the Dallas light-rail system) downtown and stopped at the West End.  The first place I wanted to check out was the place where JFK was assassinated.  It was weird standing right in the spot where the former President was killed and looking up at the Book Depository (now the Dallas County Administration Building) where he was shot from.  In the picture you can see the window that Lee Harvey Oswald fired the shots (allegedly).  It is the second window down, on the far right of the building, with the window partially open.

In one of the other pictures you can see the grassy knoll, where a second gunman may have fired one of the shots.  I thought it was kind of funny how it had a big yellow sign that said "Grassy Knoll".

I then walked all the way across downtown Dallas and came to a burger place called Twisted Root Burger Company.  It was featured on the show "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" and was highly rated on Trip Advisor, so I figured I would try it out.  It didn't disappoint! Although on the pricey side, this was an awesome burger.  I didn't try the fries, but I did have some of their signature root beer and even tried some cinnamon flavored root beer, which was surprisingly delicious!  I highly recommend this restaurant if you are ever in the Dallas area.





No comments: