Saturday, October 2, 2010

Finally!

So yesterday I got back from a trip full of delays, which left me super tired and cranky. But I got home and found out I got awarded part-time! I am so incredibly happy, it was like Christmas! I have been waiting for this for 7 months. It has been so hard being away from my kids and Emery for so many days a month, but now I will be home so much more. I can still pick up trips if we need extra money. Honestly, I don't ever see myself leaving this job now that I am part-time. Now I can have that perfect work-home balance that I wanted so badly and I am so grateful.

Oh and I did have an overnight in Portland, so my parents took me out to dinner. It was so good to see them as it always is! I also had an overnight in Eugene and the weather was beautiful so I took a nice bike ride. Besides the many delays, it actually wasn't a bad trip I guess. I am on call Monday thru Friday, so who knows what the coming week has in store for me...but for now I will enjoy my two days off!

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Yeah... part time makes a happy Winward. Which makes a happy Warehouse/ Kaci. What great news. Congratulations to all four of you

CWK said...

I am so happy for you! I wouldn't want to leave the job either, perfect schedule! Congrats!!