Thursday, February 25, 2010

An attempt at gardening

So I have been known to kill a plant or two...but I really want to have a vegetable garden this year. My grandma had a huge garden in her backyard and I have so many great memories of going out back and picking vegetables and flowers. So, I thought I would give it a shot. I purchased a little greenhouse thing that gets your seeds started while it is cold outside, then I can transfer them outside once it warms up.
I planted green bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, carrots and cantaloupes (kinda random, I know). Ignore the one cucumber spot, it didn't work out.

Well, now I wait. I will post an update in a week or so...hopefully I will see some little sprouts! Maybe my thumb will turn green after all!

1 comment:

JoJo and Ralph said...

Yeah... Raleigh and I made a bucket list last night and having a garden was on mine. I want to make a salad one day entirely of things I grew in my garden. We grew our own pumpkins this year, and I was so proud of us, but then my dad told me that pumpkins are a no fail garden item. I will follow your success with giddy anticipation. I know you put in your two weeks at BBY, but are you going to the party on Sunday? I really hope you are.