Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feelin crafty

So I felt like my house needed a little holiday cheer, since nothing had been done since Christmas (maybe some of the Christmas decorations haven't even been put away yet, but it's just too cold outside to take the lights all down! No you're right, I am just lazy). So I decided it was time to do a little Easter decorating. Problem is I have no Easter decor and I don't have money to buy stuff right now. I was shopping at Target and saw this cute wreath for $20. I thought it was a decent price, but still not the amount I was looking to spend.
Then I went to the Dollar Tree. Usually I don't find too much great stuff here, but I figured it was worth a shot. I found these egg picks for $1 each, so I got three of them in various sizes.
Then I found a willow wreath for $1 (this is not the exact wreath, cause Dollar Tree didn't have it on their website and I didn't take a before pic, but you get the idea). So I thought to myself maybe...just maybe I can use my lower than average craftiness to create an Easter wreath of my own.


and...drum roll please...I present to you my egg wreath. I made it with love, does that count? I added some ribbons I had lying around to give it some extra oomph...is that a word? Anyway, I think it turned out alright...and $4 total is better than $20. I still love you Target.


I put it in front of the mirror on my mantel. I still need to get something to put in the vase, but I am not sure what yet. Any ideas?




I am going to add this to a couple of blog parties, everyone should take a look at all the great ideas! http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

The Shabby Chic Cottage

Beyond The Picket Fence
Get your craft on Thurs.
giveaways
DIY Day @ ASPTL
Photobucket
Decor Mamma

33 comments:

Aunt Viv said...

I love your Easter wreath! You are crafty!

Stephie said...

that's way cuter than the one you could buy! good job!!

Laura said...

So cute. I might need to make a trip to the dollar store!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

FABULOUS finds! Certainly springy and cheerful!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

I love your wreath. It turned out so cute.

Sandy said...

Oh Wow! Great Job! I really like it. Thanks for sharing a great idea.

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Looks great!!! I love the dollar tree and saw the Easter stuff, I am going to have to pick up some things next week!

Emily said...

Your wreath is soooo cute! Way nicer than the Target one---not to dis Target (my favorite place).

Anonymous said...

Your wreath looks great! And I agree with Emily - it looks way better than the Target one!

Unknown said...

I think that is a great wreath and I love where you placed it!! Great job. How about some forsythia branches from Michaels. That would look cute and springy!!

Anne said...

How stinkin' adorable!!! It's even better than the one at Target. What makes it are the ribbons! Super job!!!

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

That wreath is just beautiful...and has way more character than the Target one...I saw those yesterday there too, and I have to admit, they were pretty cute...but yours is better! Also, did you get that little birdcage tealight holder on your mantel from Target??? I am pretty sure that I have the same one, but mine is all brown...did you paint yours?

Blessings, Grace

Jenny said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! And yes Grace, it is from Target from a long time ago and it was brown. I just spray painted it white and used acrylic paint for the leaves and birds!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great job on the wreath and great price!

Unknown said...

I love it! I think it is so pretty.

Bailey Doehler Designs said...

Great job! I think I like yours better than the inspiration wreath. Awesome!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

That is really cute--love the colors. I wish we had a dollar tree--the dollar store we have is cruddy. thanks for linking up!

Mad in Crafts said...

I think it turned out really well! I will be linking to this project on my blog tomorrow morning.

Grab a brag button if you would like one!

madincrafts.blogspot.com

Megan Gunyan said...

That's so cute! I like your version tons better than Targets. The $1 store is my favorite place ever!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! And a LOT cuter than the Target one. I love the ribbons, it definitely gives it more oomph! Great job!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

wOW I love it even better than the store bought version, way to be so frugal and crafty.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

That is SO cute!!! Great job :)

Cheryl said...

Super cute Easter Wreath!!

Lori said...

I saw those cute little eggs at the dollar store... I love your wreath. great idea. I might have to borrow that idea. if you don't mind.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me again next week for another great party.
Lori

Jenny said...

Lori, of course you can use my idea! Just make sure to post a picture of it so I can see!

KimMalk said...

This is so darned cute! I was looking for egg picks the other day, but haven't checked the $ store yet. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

Okay I love this wreath. I just went to $ Tree and picked up some of the same items. Guess what I'm gonna make!

Jen said...

I love DS wreaths! I'm going to run up there now and hope they still have those eggs =)

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

I like yours better! The ribbons really make it cute! Great job!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day! Looking forward to seeing more great ideas!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Hi there!

I tried to email you but can't find your address. I've updated the code for the featured button on my blog.

Thanks for catching that and thanks for participating!

The Single Nester said...

Looks terrific! I was just there today and purchased the same wreath. It was huge!

Unknown said...

Pretty sure I am going to have to drop by Dollar Tree tonight! I featured this in my Friday Favorites... http://www.laniejandco.com/2010/03/friday-favorites-31210.html

~Lanie

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Love how yours turned out, I'm so hitting our Dollar Tree this weekend!