Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Idol audition

So, I didn't make it. No surprise there though. I made the huge mistake of not sleeping...at all. I couldn't sleep that night and left for SLC at 3 in the morning. There was no point to being there that early, but it was pretty fun cause everyone was just laying around in a big group. If I ever decide to audition again I will definitely sleep and show up at 8, when they actually let you in. They say you have to be there by 5, but you really don't. So, I lost my voice by the time it was my turn. I was so disappointed because I practiced a lot and I sounded really good, but then when it came time to tryout my voice was gone...I wasn't even nervous which was an accomplishment in itself, but my voice was all raspy and I couldn't sing. I just hate it cause I know I can sing and I kind of embarrassed myself. Luckily it wasn't filmed this round.

Even if my voice was there I really doubt I would have made it. I had only seen about 10 people go through before I had auditioned and that was out of like 1,000 people! Oh, and only 2 or 3 of them were girls! I heard so many amazing people that got turned down...it really made me question the legitimacy of the show. But I had a good time and I am glad I went!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! As funny as this sounds. It was cool to read about someone who auditioned for the show! LOL That's cool. Stay encouraged.

Zinnada<><