Saturday, November 19, 2011

No longer on call!

My schedule for next month came out and...No Reserve Days! It will be nice to not be on call next month. However, they gave me 3 four day trips and one of those trips is over Christmas, which is not going to work. So hopefully I can drop that trip or I don't know what I will do. Last year I had to work Christmas day, but it wasn't until late in the afternoon, so I didn't miss all the festivities at home. Oh the joys of the airline industry. I will figure it out though.

I am excited for Thanksgiving (although my waist is not). We are going to spend it with Emery's parents this year, so I need to figure out what to bring. I have seen so many good recipes lately! I am hoping my parents will be able to come to our house for Christmas and maybe even my sister. It all depends on how the standby flights are looking. Either way, I have a lot of cleaning to do so I can get the house all ready for Christmas. We are going to get a real tree this year, which we haven't had since the first year we were married...so 6 years ago! I love the smell of pine trees, it makes the house smell like Christmas. I think we will go on the day after Thanksgiving. Will it last all the way to Christmas if I get it then?

No comments: